Take Aim! Find a shooting range near you!
Did you too have a successful turkey hunt? Register your turkey.
- Contact information
- For information on turkey hunting, contact:
- Jaqi Christopher
Assistant upland ecologist
Bureau of Wildlife Management
Turkey hunters: The DNR is asking for your help in monitoring Wisconsin wild turkeys for avian influenza. If you observe sick or dead turkeys (or waterfowl, raptors and avian scavengers) while out turkey hunting please make a note of the specific location and report your observations to your county wildlife biologist. Hint, while on the list scan the names for your county or enter your county into the "county served" field to narrow the results. Wild turkeys are susceptible to avian influenza and hunters are advised to take appropriate precautions .
The wild turkey is truly one of Wisconsin's wildlife management success stories. A key role in the success of the wild turkey management program can be attributed to hunters through their purchase of the Wild Turkey Stamp which provides vital financial support in providing for future opportunities for turkey management and hunting in Wisconsin. Since wild turkeys were first successfully reintroduced into Wisconsin in 1976, population levels continue to increase and expand statewide. Successful restoration of the wild turkey resulted from tremendous hunter and landowner support, good survival and high quality habitat.
Turkey stamp funds have been providing opportunities for turkey management in Wisconsin since 1995. Sale of the turkey stamp currently brings in over $750,000 annually for developing, managing, conserving, restoring and maintaining the wild turkey population within the state.
- Common questions about turkey hunting in Wisconsin
- How to know if you successfully drew a permit in the fall/spring drawing
- Turkey season dates
- Turkey hunting regulations
- Turkey registration
- Carcass tagging FAQ
- FREE first turkey certificate
- Transfer of license or permit to youth
- Deceased customer preference approval transfer request
2017 spring season
- Spring turkey leftover permit availability and harvest information
- 2017 spring turkey permit levels and zones
- Youth hunt information
- Spring turkey hunting opportunities for the disabled
2016 fall season
- Fall turkey leftover permit availability
- 2016 fall turkey permit levels and zones
|Statewide fall harvest as of January 1, 2017|
- Turkey management
- Turkey hunting safety tips
- Wisconsin turkey hunter's guide
- Should We Feed Wild Turkeys?
- Guidance for hunters - Protect yourself and your birds from avian influenza