Apply to become a Green Tier participant
Interested in applying for Green Tier? If you'd like to talk to some one about Green Tier and the possibilities it holds for you, let us know! Either a phone conversation or a visit to your facility can help sort through questions and generate possibilities. Contact one of our Green Tier project managers listed in the contact area on the right-hand side.
- Talk - Talk with DNR staff to see if Green Tier could be right for you. (This is an optional step.)
- Application Form - Fill out and send in a Green Tier application form. DNR makes sure the application form is complete and verifies eligibility. You can download the form below.
- Web Page - We will create your page on the DNR website! Your page will be a place that houses your Green Tier documents, tells your story and shares your environmental endeavors.
- Comment Period - DNR puts out a news release announcing a 30-day comment period for the public to give input about you joining Green Tier (Tier 1) or about you drafting a contract with DNR (Tier 2). For Tier 2, a second comment period takes place after the contract is written. Any comments received are considered in the decision to move forward or not.
Note: For obtaining a Green Tier Charter, the process is a bit different.
- Decision - The DNR will make a decision on your application. Agency staff may contact you for additional information.
- Celebrate - Once you have been contacted by staff announcing your acceptance into Green Tier, you will work with DNR to decide how you would like to celebrate your acceptance into the program.
The application is short – just two pages – and comes with easy-to-follow instructions. You can either use the fillable PDF application or the Microsoft Word version. For the PDF version you must first download and save the file to your computer, then fill it in and then e-mail it to Green Tier.