- Contact information
- Contact information
- Kimberly Ake
- Gregg Breese
- Tom Eggert
- Christine Lilek
- Tom Nowakowski
- Laurel Sukup
Overview of the Green Tier Program
- Benefit your business, environment and community
- Recognition for superior environmental performance
- Deferred civil enforcement
- Single point of contact at DNR
- Improved agency relations
- Use of the Green Tier logo
- Opportunity to be a pioneer in regulatory reform
- Potential for permit streamlining, modified monitoring requirements, alternative compliance methods, and more
Who can participate in Green Tier
- Businesses – small and large
- Trade associations
- Non-profit organizations
Participants can be individual entities (e.g., a single business) or groups, such as related businesses or organizations with common goals.
- A good environmental record.
- A willingness to exceed regulatory requirements.
- An Environmental Management System in place, or be willing to adopt one.
- Ideas for improving performance that will benefit both your business and the environment.
Levels of participation
Green Tier has two tiers or participation levels as well as an option for developing a charter.
- Tier 1 is designed to encourage innovation, collaboration and new environmental goal setting. For more information, check out the Frequently Asked Questions.
- Tier 2 involves more rigorous participation requirements than Tier 1, places greater emphasis on superior environmental performance, and uses contracts as a means of giving customized regulatory flexibility proportional to environmental performance. For more information, check out the Frequently Asked Questions.
- A charter is a contract entered into by the DNR and an association committed to helping its members participate in Green Tier. An association may consist of private entities, public entities, or a combination. Charters help business sectors or regions establish and meet environmental objectives. For more information, check out the Frequently Asked Questions.
- How to apply
- Apply to become a Green Tier participant.
- To express interest or to request an individual consultation, contact one of our Green Tier project managers listed in the contact area on the right-hand side.