- Contact information
- For information about Green Team Meetings, contact:
- Elisabeth Kuisis
Remediation & Redevelopment Program
Green Team assistance
Contaminated land often raises liability concerns, technical issues and funding questions. The DNR can help local government officials and others navigate these challenges and make progress on brownfield projects.
A collaborative approach
The DNR's "Green Team" meetings bring important parties in the cleanup and redevelopment process together to discuss issues, answer key questions and give everyone a better understanding of the project. Department staff are available to discuss liability protections, regulatory processes and financial assistance available for the investigation, remediation and redevelopment of the contaminated property.
Green Team meetings are an effective and efficient way for local governments and others to evaluate options, plan for and work through a brownfield project. The DNR can be a valuable partner in this effort and is eager to provide the assistance you need.
Green Team meetings can cover several topics about brownfields in general or focus on specific sites in your community. Some typical topics for discussion include:
- brownfields funding options;
- brownfields liability exemptions;
- online resources for finding information on contaminated properties;
- acquisition and redevelopment planning; and
- continuing obligations, land use controls and other statutory obligations.
Schedule a meeting
To schedule a Green Team meeting contact your regional DNR outreach representative.
|DNR Region||Contact Person||Telephone Number|
|South Central||Jon Heberer||608-275-3220|
|West Central||Cyndi Thomas||715-839-3779|
After your Green Team meeting, please consider giving DNR feedback by completing our Green Team meeting survey. Your comments help us evaluate the benefits of this service and identify any areas in need of improvement.
- Brownfields Redevelopment in Wisconsin: Essential steps and resources for successful redevelopment of brownfields (RR-933).
- Financial Resource Guide for Cleanup and Redevelopment (RR-539)
- Brownfields Funding Matrix (RR-932)