- Public comment periods
Public comment opportunities are available for the following applicants.
- Payne & Dolan
Empire Screen Printing, Inc. Tier 1 participant since 06/05/2013
Empire Screen Printing in Onalaska, Wis. began as a one-man screen printing operation in 1960. Today the company employs over 275 people with facilities encompassing over 150,000 square feet of manufacturing space. Empire is an industry leader in a variety of printing processes, including flexographic, doming, digital and screen printing.
Dan Baumann (right)(Secretary’s Director, WI Department of Natural Resources) formally welcomes Empire Screen Printing into Green Tier. John Freismuth (President, Empire Screen Printing) accepts the plaque.
Empire has implemented sustainable print methods with equipment that uses ultraviolet (UV) light-emitting diode (LED) curing technology. This technology eliminates ozone emissions and lowers energy consumption by replacing previously used mercury lamps with LED lamps. The company also:
- reuses plastic waste for packaging to eliminate the need for new packing materials;
- recycles all ink, screen wash and chemical cleaners used in the printing process as well as all paper, cardboard, glass, plastic and metal waste generated; and
- purchases supplies and equipment that contain fewer toxic constituents, use minimal packaging, offer leasing or take-back options, and other green options.
- Empire Screen Printing recognized as Green Tier participant La Crosse Tribune August 1, 2016
- SGIA Member Company Recognized as Green Tier Participant SGIA July 28, 2016
- Empire Screen Printing recognized as Green Tier participant July 21, 2016