Have you experienced the excitement of harvesting a banded game bird? Report your band recovery. Photo courtesy of Carol Steinmetz of Marshfield
Please note: NEW! The Official 2015 Waterfowl Seasons Approved by the natural resources board
Please note: NEW! The 2015 Migratory Bird Regulations are available online, printed pamphlets will be available later.
Please note: NEW! The Early Canada Goose, Early Teal and Mourning Dove Hunting Regulations are available. This is a new regulation pamphlet designed for early season migratory game bird hunting opportunities.
The Wisconsin waterfowl hunter is one of the most dedicated and involved conservationists in the nation, contributing time and money to waterfowl management and habitat restoration. Wisconsin is a great waterfowl hunting state and one of the reasons is your enthusiasm and dedication to the sport. Waterfowl are enjoyed by many people in Wisconsin. Look below for more information on waterfowl reports and surveys, hunting regulations and other current issues.
- Mississippi River duck zone
- 2014 Horicon zone
- Waterfowl season dates
- Harvest Information Program (HIP) registration
- Federal waterfowl baiting regulations
- Report bird band recoveries
- Youth waterfowl hunt
- Waterfowl Identification Guide
- Tom Roster's nontoxic shot lethality table
- Three state (Wisconsin, Michigan and Iowa) early teal season analysis and summary
- Summary of Wisconsin's 2014 early teal season
Brush up on your waterfowl identification in preparation for the early teal season! Dont forget to test yourself and take the quiz!
Quiz yourself by taking the Teal Quiz and see how prepared you are for the September early teal season.
- Contact information
- For information on waterfowl hunting, contact:
- Taylor Finger
Assistant migratory game bird ecologist
Bureau of Wildlife Management