- Contact information
- For information about baiting or feeding wildlife, contact:
- John Motoviloff
Rules and regulations assistant
Bureau of Wildlife Management
Baiting and feeding regulations
Note: Oneida, Forest and Vilas counties will be added to the CWD-affected counties effective Jan. 11, 2016
Learn more in the DNR news release.
In 2003, Wisconsin Act 240 extended the authority to regulate the feeding of wildlife for nonhunting purposes, required that the DNR ban baiting and feeding for deer in counties at highest risk for disease transmission and established standards for the baiting and feeding of deer outside these banned areas. To better understand the parameters established by Act 240 and the DNR rules, review the regulations specific to your sport.
- Bear baiting and feeding regulations
- Dove baiting regulations
- Waterfowl baiting regulations
- Deer baiting and wildlife feeding regulations
- The Great De-bait - February 2009 Natural Resources Magazine article
- Exploring the issues of baiting and feeding of deer