- Making fishing better
- Contact information
- For information, contact:
- Fisheries Management
Fishing WisconsinPlaces to fish in Wisconsin
Looking for a place to wet a line? You’ve come to the right place. Whether it’s lake, stream, river, or pond, Wisconsin offers a variety of fishing opportunities for expert and novice alike.
Fishing the Great Lakes
- Lake Michigan tributaries with public access
- Fall shore fishing - Milwaukee
- Year-round shore fishing on Lake Michigan
- Fishing calendar for Wisconsin waters of Lake Superior
- Fishing the Brule River
Fishing with kids
Quality fishing opportunities
- Quality fishing opportunities for muskellunge, largemouth and smallmouth bass, walleye, and northern pike.
- Wisconsin trout stream maps and classes
- Catchable-size stocked trout waters
- Washburn County trout fishing
- Public fishing areas on Dane County trout streams:
- Anthony Branch
- Black Earth Creek, Upper
- Black Earth Creek, Lower
- Deer Creek, Fryes Feeder
- Dunlap Creek
- Elvers, Ryan Creeks
- East Branch Blue Mounds
- Flynn Creek
- Gordan, German Valley Creeks
- Garfoot Creek
- Kittleson Valley Creek
- Mount Vernon Creek
- Moen, Bohn Creeks
- Primrose Branch
- Spring Creek
- Story Creek
- Token Creek
- Vermont Creek
- West Branch Sugar River, Upper
- West Branch Sugar River, Lower
Boat access and shore fishing opportunities
- Find a boat access or shore fishing opportunity near you.
DNR fisheries areas
- Find a DNR fisheries area near you.
Fishing on private forest lands
- Fishing opportunities are available on private forest lands. Use the mapping tool to find areas you'd like to fish.
More fishing resources
Chequamegon-Nicolet National Forest has more than 2,000 miles of stream with nearly 1,400 miles classified as trout waters, 607 lakes greater than ten acres in size and more than 400 spring ponds.