Large Scale Lake Planning
Final Report of Phase II (Final) and Phase III (Draft) of the CalMan Lakes Watershed Management Planning Project
Update on the CalMan Lakes Watershed Planning Project given on April 13, 2017 by Onterra, LLC.
Calumet County Resource Management Department proposes to collect baseline data for the four lakes situated along the Calumet/Manitowoc County boarder which includes Round, Becker, Boot, and Long Lakes. The project will be divided into several phases which will ultimately result in a comprehensive lake management and implementation plan for these lakes. Phase 2 will include:
1. Water quality monitoring to assess baseline conditions of Round and Boot lakes.
2. Watershed modeling for nutrient budget.
3. Tributary flow and phosphorus load monitoring.
4. Compile available fisheries data to incorporate into plan.
5. Shoreland condition and coarse woody habitat assessment.
6. Precipitation monitoring within the watershed.
7. Website development.
8. Assess the aquatic plant community in Boot Lake utilizing point-intercept survey methods.
9. Provide for stakeholder participation and education by holding an annual project update meeting.
10. Generate annual project reports describing the project studies and data interpretations as well as intentions for further studies
Lakes Planning Grant
Lake Management Plan Development
Monitor Water Quality or Sediment
Monitor Water Level
Nutrient Budget Development
Issue News/Media Release
Aquatic Plant Monitoring or Survey
Information and Education