Lake Protection Grant
Lakes Protection Grant
Information and Education
The following work activities will be completed in Phase 3, Grant 2:
1. Development of 9 Lake Management Plans
a. Public meetings
b. Citizen surveys
c. Education of lake stakeholders
d. Recommendations for each lake to improve habitat and water quality
e. Recommendations for AIS prevention and eradication
f. Newspaper and media outreach (2-5 efforts)
2. Final lake management plan report for each lake
The following deliverables (products) will result from phase 2, grant 7:
1. Citizen survey and outreach efforts for each lake.
a. Surveys conducted to DNR standards
2. At least 4 separate meetings with each lake group
3. Create a county wide strategy to manage lakes.
4. Ensure all data is readily accessible by the public (web-sites, etc.)
5. Development of a comprehensive final Lake Management Plan document.
A. DNR Lake Biologist must approve each plan
b. Strategies for improving water quality and lake habitat
c. Plan for AIS monitoring, control and prevention.
D. Watershed condition report for each lake
6. Complete all listed goals and objectives as described in the Grant 2 application.
7. DNR will be provided with two hard copies and a digital copy of all Lake Management Plans.
Monitor or Assess Watershed Condition
Issue News/Media Release
Lake Management Plan Development
Social Survey of Residents or Users
ATTAINS Water Identified for Protection
The following work activities will be completed in Phase 3, Grant 2: 1. Development of 9 Lake Management Plans 2. Final lake management plan report for each lake.