Large Scale Lake Planning
Calumet County is sponsoring a Large Scale Planning Grant associated to the Lake Winnebago System. This multi-phased project will involve, but not be limited to, the following work activities:
1) The review of all known plans / reports for the system. This review will result in the creation of a summary report detailing past work and identifying data gaps and or needs.
2) Establish a core team representative of the local stakeholders (possibly including fisherman, sporting groups, farmers, recreational boaters, county staff, DNR Resource Biologists, etc.)
3) Meet with and survey stakeholders, as identified by Core Team, on issues of importance to stakeholders.
A. Conduct a minimum of three citizen surveys.
B. Conduct a minimum of two focused discussion groups.
C. Conduct a minimum of four public input meetings.
4) County to host one educational meeting in December 2012 with Calumet County farmers regarding soil erosion, farming practices, programs and funding which can help minimize sedimentation into Lake Winnebago.
5) County (consultant) will sponsor a meeting in January 2013 regarding pollutant trading and other water quality matters.
Lakes Planning Grant
Submit a preliminary Draft Report of County inventory, plan/report summaries, and phase 1 of stakeholder survey findings no later than February 1, 2013. 7) Submit a comprehensive Draft Report of project findings to County no later than November 15, 2013. 8) Submit a Final Report by December 31 of 2013. a. Final Report will include: i. Stakeholder priority list (water resource needs / problems). ii. Recommendations on solutions to water resource issues iii. Recommendations for future planning, studies and management actions
Aquatic Plant Monitoring or Survey
Information and Education
Social Survey of Residents or Users