Large Scale Lake Planning
Chute Pond will be doing a comprehensive update of an Aquatic Plant Management Plan completed in 2008 during which they discovered Eurasian milfoil and curly leaf pondweed were present in the water body. The following tasks shall be included for the plan development:
1. Perform comprehensive plant assessment in the water body using the approved protocol for a point intercept survey and following details in the application materials.
2. Develop a future aquatic plant management strategy for both the invasive species and native nuisance management which will include chemical, mechanical harvesting or any other potential alternatives.
3. Perform a fish and wildlife habitat assessment and map special habitat along with developing management options for the fishery in consult with the Department of Natural Resources.
4. Perform a watershed assessment and delineation which will include land use patterns, potential nutrient loading sources and environmentally sensitive areas. The WILMs software will be used to estimate the external loading of namely phosphorus to the water body.
5. The water body's shoreline areas will be assessed to determine potential areas of concern for nutrient contribution to the water body and recommendations for remediation or improvements to identified problem areas.
6. Perform water quality monitoring in the water body to determine the trophic status and assess phosphorus dynamics in Chute Pond.
7. Include property owners and lake users input in developing final recommendations.
8 The project deliverables will include a final comprehensive Aquatic Plant Management Plan Report of the assessment and recommendations for both aquatic plant management and things which may be considered to help reduce nutrient enrichment from phosphorus by shoreline management and watershed management practices.
Lakes Planning Grant
Aquatic Plant Management Plan
Aquatic Plant Monitoring or Survey
Monitor Fish Community
Watershed Mapping or Assessment
Monitor Water Quality or Sediment
Shoreland Monitoring, Assessment, Inventory
Shoreland Monitoring, Assessment or Inventory