Small Scale Lake Planning
Information and Education
Develop education plan for the TIE Area Lakes Association and Community Members and develop a community outreach program to distribute AIS prevention information such as initiation the Clean Boats, Clean Water Program on the lake and Eagle Lake while improving signage at access points
This project builds upon a previous large planning grant in order to strengthen an Aquatic Plant Management Plan currently written and developing a plan for early detection of invasive species and AIS response plan. The tasks will include the following:
1. Conducting an inventory of the aquatic plant community on Thunder using WDNR recommended survey methodology.
2. Identifying problems ad threats to aquatic ecosystem by invasive species along with developing realistic goals for management of Eurasian water milfoil(EWM).
3. Identify management objectives to restore native plant communities and target levels of EWM control.
4. Identify and analyze alternative actions for EWM control.
5. Develop an education plan for TIE Area Lakes Association and community members and develop a community outreach program to distribute AIS prevention information such as the initiating the Clean Boats, Clean Waters program on the lake and Eagle Lake while improving signage at access points.
Aquatic Plant Management Plan