PurposeProject Scope and Description of Deliverables
Round Lake Property Owners Association is sponsoring a project to implement approved Eurasian watermilfoil (EWM) control activities from their aquatic plant management plan.
Project activities include:
1) Educational meeting for lake association membership;
2) Pre-post treatment aquatic plant monitoring including sub-point-intercept and bed mapping surveys as appropriate;
3) Volunteer EWM monitoring;
4) Genetic analysis of milfoil specimens;
5) Herbicide concentration monitoring and analysis;
6) EWM control with herbicide treatments and DASH/hand pulling removal;
7) EWM planning meeting with DNR.
Project deliverables include:
1) Participant list and presentation used for the educational event;
2) Point-intercept and EWM bed mapping surveys;
3) Milfoil genetic analysis results (including sample locations) entered in DNR SWIMS database;
4) Herbicide concentration results in SWIMS;
5) EWM management;
6) Final report summarizing EWM management and future monitoring and management suggestions;
7) EWM planning meeting.
Specific project conditions:
This scope summarizes the project detail provided in the application and does not negate tasks/deliverables described therein. All data and reports, including GIS-based maps, and digital images, must be submitted to the Department.
DNR is to receive copies of the final report along with, or prior to submission of grantee's final payment request. It is recommended that Grantee provide DNR Lake Coordinator with a draft of the final report for comment on report adequacy prior to making final payment to the consultant.
It is strongly recommended that an annual management strategy meeting be held each winter with DNR to discuss EWM management for the next year before aquatic plant management permit applications are submitted.
Related ReportsRun Project Summary ReportView Umbrella-ProjectsView Related-Projects
Aquatic Invasives Grant
Aquatic Invasives Control
Grant ACEI25321 awarded