Purpose Minocqua Kawaguesaga Lake Protection Association is sponsoring a project to implement approved Eurasian watermilfoil (EWM) control activities from their aquatic plant management plan.
Project activities include:
1) EWM control with herbicide treatments and DASH/hand pulling removal;
2) Pre-post treatment aquatic plant monitoring including point-intercept and bed mapping surveys;
3) Herbicide concentration monitoring and analysis;
4) Public informational meeting and MKPLA AIS Planning Committee meeting to discuss project results and plan for the coming year;
5) Volunteer EWM monitoring.
Project deliverables include:
1) EWM management and associated reporting;
2) Point-intercept and EWM bed mapping surveys;
3) Herbicide concentration results in SWIMS;
4) Annual AIS monitoring and control strategy reports;
5) Project report and planning meetings;
6) Final report summarizing EWM management and future monitoring and management suggestions.
Specific project conditions:
This scope summarizes the project detail provided in the application and does not negate tasks/deliverables described therein. All data and reports, including GIS-based maps, and digital images, must be submitted to the Department. DNR is to receive copies of the final report along with, or prior to submission of grantee's final payment request. It is recommended that Grantee provide DNR Lake Coordinator with a draft of the final report for comment on report adequacy prior to making final payment to the consultant.
Related ReportsRun Project Summary ReportView Umbrella-ProjectsView Related-Projects
Aquatic Invasives Grant
Aquatic Invasives Control
Grant ACEI23720 awarded