PurposeThe Lac Vieux Desert Lake Association is sponsoring an ACEI grant to be completed by Dec 30, 2022. The project will focus on hard harvesting Eurasian water milfoil (EWM) throughout the lake.
Project activities include:
1. Complete wild rice mapping and AIS survey
2. Integrate pest management for EWM using diver assisted suction harvesting (DASH) and hand pulling
3. Complete monitoring and control strategy reports
Project deliverables include:
1. Annual reports describing removal and findings of EWM
2. GPS locations of EWM with updated EWM maps
3. Wild Rice maps
4. Final report summarizing AIS mgmt. and future AIS mgmt. and monitoring suggestions
Specific project conditions:
WDNR Lakes Management Coordinator will be provided with an electronic (pdf or word) of final report, Aquatic plant survey data, GPS data and maps along with, or prior to submission of grantee's final payment request.
Related ReportsRun Project Summary ReportView Umbrella-ProjectsView Related-Projects
Aquatic Invasives Grant
Aquatic Invasives Control
Grant ACEI23920 awarded