PurposeThe Chetek Lake Protection Assoc. is sponsoring an AIS prevention and education project which will focus on AIS education, prevention, and monitoring.
Project activities include:
1) Recruit volunteers and implement a CB/CW program.
Inspect boats and educate public at Northwoods Landing, Brown's Landing,
Airport Landing, Veterans Park, and Ojaski landings.
2) Monitor lake for Eurasian Water Milfoil.
3) Enhance Kiosks at landings, post signs and provide containers for weeds/bait
at all landings.
Project deliverables include:
1) Documentation of donated time and services related to grant administration.
2) Entry of watercraft inspection report with time & number of people reached
3200-120 and monitoring forms onto Dept website
3) Copies of brochures, newsletters, and educational materials used.
4) Report on construction/upgrade of educational kiosks and signage.
5) Report on aquatic plant surveillance results including monitoring observations
with supporting graphs and maps.
6) Final report summarizing CB/CW activities, AIS monitoring, and AIS
7) Any AIS related materials generated or paid for by this grant.
Special conditions for this project:
- Sponsor shall immediately contact WDNR in the event of new AIS infestation.
- Final report needs Dept review and approval
This scope summarizes the project in the grant application and does not supersede application specifics. If a consultant provides the final report, it is recommended that Grantee provide the DNR Lake Coordinator with a draft for review prior to making final payment to the consultant. WDNR Lakes Management Coordinator will be provided with an electronic (pdf or word) and hard copy of final report including all deliverables.
Related ReportsRun Project Summary ReportView Umbrella-ProjectsView Related-Projects
Aquatic Invasives Grant
Aquatic Invasives Education
Watercraft Inspections Clean Boats, Clean Waters
Monitor Invasive Species