PurposeThe Town of Cable is sponsoring an Aquatic Invasive Species (AIS) prevention and education project which will focus on AIS education, prevention, monitoring, and management.
Project activities include:
1) Recruit and train volunteers
2) Implement a CB/CW program by inspecting boats and educating public at Perry, Tahkodah, and Cable Lake Landings
3) Collect plant samples from boaters/lakeshore owners and map location
4) Educate public about AIS by posting landings, distributing educational material to public, and submit articles.
Project deliverables include:
1) Documentation of donated time and services related to grant administration
2) Agendas of training sessions and workshops
3) Entry of watercraft inspection report with time & number of people reached 3200-120 and monitoring forms onto Dept website
4) Report on public education distribution, meetings, and signage
5) Examples of brochures, newsletters, and educational materials used.
6) Report on aquatic plant surveillance results including monitoring observations with supporting graphs and maps
7) Final report summarizing CB/CW activities, AIS monitoring, and AIS management
8) Any AIS related materials generated or paid for by this grant.
Special conditions for this project: Sponsor shall immediately contact WDNR in the event of new AIS infestation. Final report needs Dept. review and approval
This scope summarizes the project in the grant application and does not supersede application specifics. If a consultant provides the final report, it is recommended that Grantee provide the DNR Lake Coordinator with a draft for review prior to making final payment to the consultant. WDNR Lakes Management Coordinator will be provided with an electronic (pdf or word) and hard copy of final report including all deliverables.
Related ReportsRun Project Summary ReportView Umbrella-ProjectsView Related-Projects
Aquatic Invasives Grant
Aquatic Invasives Education
Monitor Invasive Species
Watercraft Inspections Clean Boats, Clean Waters