Large Scale Lake Planning
Deer Lake (Lincoln County) comprehensive management plan, sponsored by Deer Lake District, prepared by Onterra, LLC. Includes photos, maps, graphs, tables, and diagrams. Maps and appendices attached.
Appendices to accompany Deer Lake Comprehensive Management Plan 2013, prepared by Onterra, LLC. Includes public participation materials, stakeholder survey response charts and comments, water quality data, watershed analysis WILMS results, aquatic plant survey data, and Deer Lake outlet assessment proposal.
Maps to accompany Deer Lake Comprehensive Management Plan 2013, prepared by Onterra, LLC.
Deer Lake District is sponsoring phased large scale lake planning grants to study Deer Lake in Lincoln County. The project will focus on developing a Lake Management Plan (LMP) for Deer Lake.
Project activities include:
1) Stakeholder participation - kick-off meeting, stakeholder survey, planning meetings (up to 3), wrap-up meeting, news release, and newsletter article
2) Water quality sampling and analysis (Secchi, P, Chla, DO, temp, N, conductivity, pH, Alk, suspended solids, and Calcium)
3) Aquatic plant survey (point-intercept)
4) Aquatic plant community mapping and analysis
5) Curly-leaf pondweed survey
6) Fisheries assessment
7) Watershed assessment
8) Zebra mussel monitoring
9) Sensitive area delineation
10) Develop LMP
Project deliverables include:
1) Stakeholder survey, news release, and newsletter article
2) Point-intercept aquatic plant data
3) Aquatic plant community and watershed maps
4) Watershed modeling data
5) Two sets of aquatic plant vouchers
Specific conditions for this project:
- Draft of stakeholder survey should be submitted to Lakes Management Coordinator for review before sending to public
- Vouchers should be submitted to Lakes Management Coordinator as soon as possible after aquatic plant survey
- LMP needs Dept review and approval
WDNR Lakes Management Coordinator will be provided with an electronic (pdf or word) and hard copy of LMP, news release, newsletter article, stakeholder survey, point-intercept aquatic plant data, data from watershed assessment, all maps from project, all GIS data, and two sets of aquatic plant vouchers.
Lake Management Plan Development
Watershed Mapping or Assessment
Comprehensive Planning Studies
Monitor Invasive Species
Aquatic Plant Monitoring or Survey