PurposeDouglas County in partnership with the Gordon/St. Croix Flowage Association is sponsoring an Aquatic Invasive Species Rapid Response (RR). The project will focus on eliminating a pioneering population of Eurasian watermilfoil at the Gordon Dam Couny Park boat landing..
Project activities include:
1) A whole-lake point-intercept survey, funded by a separate grant
2) SCUBA removal of Eurasian watermilfoil and monitoring
3) Chemical treatments, under the guidance of WDNR Aquatic Plant Manager Frank Koshere
Project deliverables include:
1) Final report describing the findings of the surveys and treatment tools, GPS locations, and guidance for continued control actions.
Specific conditions for this project:
- Final report needs Dept review and approval
Data, records, and reports, including GIS-based maps and digital images, must be submitted to the Department in a format specified by the regional Lake Coordinator. WDNR Lakes Management Coordinator will be provided with an electronic (pdf or word) and hard copy of final report.
Related ReportsRun Project Summary ReportView Umbrella-ProjectsView Related-Projects
Aquatic Invasives Grant
Aquatic Invasives Early Detection and Response
APM Chemical Permit Request
AIRR-028-08St. Croix/Gordon Flowage Rapid Response Project
Control Invasive Species