PurposeProject Scope and Description of Deliverables
The Town of St. Germain is sponsoring a LPL grant to study Big St. Germain, Content and Fawn Lakes, in Vilas County, with a study completion date of June 30, 2021. The project will focus on developing Lake Management Plan\2019s (LMP\2019s).
1) Stakeholder participation \2013 stakeholder survey, planning meetings (up to 2), and wrap-up meeting
2) Water quality sampling and analysis
3) Paleocore collection and analysis
4) Watershed assessment and P load modeling
5) Fisheries, shoreland, and coarse woody habitat assessment
6) Aquatic plant surveys (PI survey, community mapping, and early-season AIS)
7) Data analysis and develop LMP\2019s
Project deliverables include:
1) Stakeholder survey
2) Water chemistry and paleocore data
3) Watershed maps and modeling data
4) PI, shoreland and woody habitat data
5) Aquatic plant community and AIS maps
6) Aquatic plant vouchers
Specific project conditions:
- Draft of stakeholder survey needs Dept review and approval
- Draft of LMP\2019s need Dept review and approval
WDNR Lakes Management Coordinator will be provided with an electronic (pdf or word) copy of LMP\2019s, stakeholder survey, data from PI survey, paleocore sampling, shoreland assessment, woody habitat assessment, watershed assessment and water quality sampling, all maps from project, all GIS data, and aquatic plant vouchers.
Related ReportsRun Project Summary ReportView Umbrella-ProjectsView Related-Projects
Large Scale Lake Planning
Bathymetric map based on off lake survey done by Onterra LLC in 2019.
Grant LPL171319 awarded