PurposeThis project will house the CBCW watercraft inspection data for the DOOR COUNTY: DCIST Education, Prevention & Planning grant.
Door County Soil & Water Conservation Department is sponsoring a project to continue Aquatic invasive species (AIS) education, prevention and planning activities throughout Door County.
Project final deliverables include: a final summary report which includes all the education, prevention and planning activities completed during the grant period, a copy of the updated AIS comprehensive plan, and all Clean Boats Clean Waters and Bridge Snapshot Day data entered in the SWIMS database.
Specific project activities include:
1) maintenance of boat landing signage throughout the County;
2) conduct a minimum of 200 hours of Clean Boats Clean Waters activities which includes the July 4th Landing Blitz, the Drain Campaign, and AIS workshops;
3) development of brochures and/or fliers specifically for Door County;
4) bi-monthly DCIST Newsletters;
5) creation on monitoring tool kits;
6) participate in the Bait Dealer initiative;
7) participate in AIS Bridge Snapshot Day and Project RED;
8) development of a citizen-based AIS monitoring protocol for Door County shorelines;
9) continue efforts toward adoption of noxious weed ordinances by municipalities;
10) completion of a County-wide comprehensive plan for invasive species. This scope summarizes the project detail provided in the application and does not negate tasks/deliverables described therein.
Data, records, and reports must be submitted to the Department in a format specified by the regional Lake Biologist.
Related ReportsRun Project Summary ReportView Umbrella-ProjectsView Related-Projects
County Watercraft Inspections