Lake Protection Grant
Get your soil health questions answered! Training topics include:
- How increasing intensification impacts soil properties
- What do Cornell and Haney assessments actually mean?
- What do we know about soil biology and soil health?
- What to look for below the surface
- What soil health practices really work in Wisconsin?
Learn the soil health basics, receive a soil health testing kit and get trained on how to use the kit to compare the soil health of different fields in your farming operation!
Dunn County is sponsoring a two-year project to hire a Soil Health Specialist and promote soil heath practices via demonstration farms and education activities in the Red Cedar Watershed portion of Dunn County.
Specific project activities include:
1. Establishing a Soil Health Specialist position
2. Establishing 2 demonstration farms
3. Soil Health education events at demo farms
4. Soil sampling
5. Outreach & education
Project deliverables include a position description for the Soil Health Specialist, any maps and associated GIS files produced, soil testing results, copies of educational materials and presentations developed, and a final report.