PurposeThe City of Marion, is sponsoring an AIS control grant for the Marion Millpond, in Waupaca County. The goal of the project is to reduce to the maximum extent possible Hybrid EWM and CLP - AIS populations within the Millpond
This project will follow recommendations in the management plan to successfully control HWM levels with the following actions:
1. 1-foot drawdown prior to herbicide application to maintain contact time
2. Whole-lake endothall and 2,4-d application at 300/750 ppb, respectively
3. Residual herbicide monitoring \2013 schedule and locations in Attachment E
4. Full point-intercept plant surveys pre and post-treatment
5. Assist Golden Sands Clean Boats / Clean Waters program
6. Management report to quantify results, make future recommendations
7. 2016-2017 Over-winter, 6\2019 drawdown (if necessary)
This scope summarizes the project detail provided in the application and does not negate tasks/deliverables described therein. Data, records, and reports, including GIS-based maps and digital images, must be submitted to the Department in a format specified by the regional lake coordinator.
Final plan needs Department review and approval.
Related ReportsRun Project Summary ReportView Umbrella-ProjectsView Related-Projects
Aquatic Invasives Grant
Aquatic Invasives Control
Grant ACEI-175-15 awarded