PurposeThe Town of Washington is sponsoring an Aquatic Invasive Species Education, Prevention & Planning project which will focus on increasing AIS public awareness and preventing the introduction of AIS into Washington's lake through Clean Boat/CleanWaters training and watercraft inspections on township lakes.
Project activities include:
1) Host CB/CW training on June 22, 2006.
2) Recruit volunteers and implement a CB/CW program at 18 public landings
3) Develop aquatic plant monitoring teams on each lake
4) Entry of inspection forms 3200-120 onto Dept website by Inspectors
5) Develop one AIS educational outreach project by high school biology students
6) Design a traveling AIS educational exhibit
Project deliverables include:
- Completed entry of inspection forms 3200-120 onto Dept website
- Outreach Project
- AIS educational exhibit
- Final report (contents listed in section VI of proposal)
Specific conditions for this project:
- Final report needs Dept review and approval
WDNR Lakes Management Coordinator will be provided with an electronic (pdf or word) and hard copy of final report, photograph of AIS educational exhibit and summary of educational outreach project.
Related ReportsRun Project Summary ReportView Umbrella-ProjectsView Related-Projects
Aquatic Invasives Grant
Aquatic Invasives Education
AEPP-043-06Clean Boats Clean Waters Training
Watercraft Inspections Clean Boats, Clean Waters