Large Scale Lake Planning
Lakes Planning Report
Determine feasibility of constructing any improvements on an 80 acre parcel to improve water quality on Balsam Lake - field conditions and alternatives analysis.
1. Perform soil borings and analysis on 80 acre parcel.
2. Delineate wetland areas.
3. Meet with DNR to discuss improvement alternatives.
4. Calculate existing phosphorus and sediment loadings.
5. Recommend improvements to provide water quality treatment to Balsam Lake based on above information.
6. Calculate phosphorus and sediment loadings with recommended improvements in place.
7. Provide cost estimate for recommended improvements.
8. Prioritize improvements based on engineering and economics.
9. Continue monthly meetings with the Balsam Lake Protection and Rehabilitation District.
10. Prepare a final report including the results of tasks 1-9.
11. Information will be disseminated to the pbulci by newsletter mailing and public meetings.