Large Scale Lake Planning
Lakes Planning Report
The Town of Minong in cooperation with the Kimball Lakes Association will sponsor a project to develop a comprehensive water quality and aquatic plant management plan for the Kimball Lakes.
Specific activities to be included in this project include:
* watershed delineation and land use maps including identifying major wetland areas, dominant vegetation and soil types
* water quality monitoring
* analysis of existing and new water quality data to develop an annual lake nutrient budget
* evaluation of existing vegetative buffer strips including identification of areas needing improvement
* shoreline survey identifying problem areas and erosion, potential nutrient sources
* aquatic plan survey and development of an aquatic plant management plan
* review of adequacy of local land use and zoning law and their enforcement
Information collected will be used to create a comprehensive aquatic plant and water-quality lake management plan including conclusions and recommendations to maintain or improve the condition of the lakes. The management plan will identify best practices lake residents can involve themselves in to protect the future of all three lakes.
Lake Management Plan Development
Aquatic Plant Management Plan
Watershed Mapping or Assessment