Large Scale Lake Planning
Lakes Planning Report
The Pike Lake Chain Lakes Association Inc. will conduct a 5-phased project for the development of a comprehensive management plan for the chain of lakes. Phase 4 of this project will involve Turner Lake. This project includes lake water quality monitoring, review of past aquatic plant surveys and the development of a new aquatic plant survey and map including identification of plant sensitive areas and exotics, conducting a shoreland survey and evaluation of buffer zones, identification of potential shoreland restoration sites, and the development of a watershed analysis, development of a pollutant budget and lake model.
Deliverables from the project include:
1. Water quality monitoring results
2. Lake inventories (watershed, aquatic plants, wildlife)
3. Shore vegetation and development map and analysis of problems/potential restorations
4. Secchi data entered into the Self-Help Secchi Disk database though the telephone system.
Scope amendment of 07/05/2002:
5. Portions of the comprehensive management plan that will be compiled in phase 1.
6. Control of Purple Loosestrife including manual control, chemical control, raising and distributing beetles as a portion of an exotics education plan and implementation strategy for the control/or eradication of Purple Loostrife.
The Department of Natural Resources will be provided with both a paper copy and an electronic copy of the final report. The project results will be disseminated to the public by newsletter(s), public meeting(s), and local newspaper articles.
Lake Management Plan Development
Watershed Mapping or Assessment
Monitor Water Quality or Sediment