Large Scale Lake Planning
The Lake Nokomis Concerned Citizens will sponsor a project, which will focus on implementation of several recommendations from the phase one planning process for Deer Lake. The project includes the following components:
* Creation of a web page for communication and education
* Distribution of educational materials
* A Workshop on shoreline issues
* Increased cooperation and understanding via meetings with local units of government, DNR and WVIC.
* A 'breakfast' session on shoreland zoning
* Preparation of sub-watershed pollutant loading and maps
* Shoreland erosion inventory, monitoring, mapping and design of shoreland restorations for demonstration sites.
A final report documenting all activity and data will be provided to the Department in raw and summarized formats in both hard copy and electronic format. All work regarding shoreland erosion will be done in cooperation with WVIC and DNR.
Issue News/Media Release
Information and Education