Large Scale Lake Planning
PROJECT NAME: BEAVER DAM LAKE IMPROVEMENT ASSOCIATION: Beaver Dam Lake
The Beaver Dam Lake Improvement Association will:
- Delineate plant life and study invertebrates in the lake.
- Identify areas of the lake that need shoreline stabilization.
- Collect and analyze water quality samples to begin compiling a historical record of lake water quality.
- Review stormwater discharge impact on the lake.
- Educate the public by setting up informational booths at community functions, distributing handouts regarding practices such as shoreline stabilization, yard care and runoff management.
- survey land owners to understand what they would like the lake to become and how far they will support possible lake management actions.
Each of the above phases of the project will include preparing a written report of the results and suggestions for a course of action.
Comprehensive Planning Studies
Information and Education
Social Survey of Residents or Users