Large Scale Lake Planning
Lakes Planning Report
Information and Education
A full description of project scope and project deliverables can be seen in the grant application, which is part of this agreement. Dane County, together with Edgewood College, Duggeon-Monroe Street Neighborhood association, UW Madison, and friends of Lake Wingra will synthesize existing information on the Lake Wingra Ecosystem, will make the information available to citizens and partners who will use it to create a holistic set of management and citizen involvement strategies to enhance water quality.
- A synthesis of existing technical information on the lake and its watershed
- An analysis of the results of surveys of property owners and lake users.
- A summary of estimated imact of specific land use practices and potential mitigation strategies.
- A summary of management alternatives for protecting and enhancing lake water quality.
- A set of outreach materials and a proposed process for the Friends of Lake Wingra and others to use to engage a wide spectrum of citizens in on-going planning aand management activities.