Large Scale Lake Planning
Perform a lake restoration feasibility study that results in a plan and addresses the following: dredging channels in Hay and Muskrat Creek estuaries to restore boat access, reopening channels in the eastern protion of the lake where sloughs and backwaters used to be accessible, dredging out access to the southeast boat landing, and similar activities that could be accomplished over the next 20 years. The study should include:
1. An estimate of the amount of material to be removed from the lake bed.
2. Location of appropriatye disposal sites for the removed material.
3. An estimate of design costs of sand and silt traps and the means to maintain them.
4. An estimate of costs of the initial restoration of the lake bed and the construction of the sand and silt traps.
5. An estimate of maintenance costs and future restoration costs.
6. An analysis of financial assistance programs that may be available to support planned restoration activities.
7. An update of the contour map of the lake.
Prepare a final report summarizing the results of the above tasks.
Disseminate information on the project results to the public by newsletter, fact sheet distribution, entire report mailing, public meeting, summary report mailing, newpaper article, tv/radio spots, and poster display. Amendment 1: Delete: Prepare a final report summarizing the results of the above tasks. Add: Prepare a draft report of the assessment of the situation to be managed.
Comprehensive Planning Studies