Large Scale Lake Planning
Develop a lake management plan with recommendations for Big Bearskin Lake that addresses the perceived problems in the lake, lake protection alternatives, and lake protection activities. Project activities include:
1. Sample stream and lake water chemistry and produce a report of the water chemistry results.
2. Conduct a macrophyte survey and produce a report of the survey results including mounted specimens.
3. Determine the lake's water budget and produce a report of the water budget analysis.
4. Determine watershed nutrient sources and produce an operational TP model.
5. Develop a management plan with recommendations.
6. Set up an information/education program on the management plan results.
Prepare a final report addressing the results of the above tasks.
Disseminate information on the project results to the public by newsletter, fact sheet distribution, summary report mailing, association meeting, and poster display.
Lake Management Plan Development