LRP - Licenses

LRP - Regulations

LRP - Permits

Recreation - Statewide

Recreation - Trapping

Recreation - Fishing

Recreation - Hunting

Env. Protection - Management

Env. Protection - Emergency

Env. Protection - Resources

To sign up for updates or to access your subscriber preferences, please enter your contact information below.

Frequently Asked Questions
straight from our call center
About Chef Tim
and his recipes
Violation Hotline
help us!

Frequently Asked Questions

December 16, 2011

Here are answers to some of the recent most frequently asked law enforcement questions taken this week by the DNR Call Center.
The Call Center is staffed daily, 7 a.m. - 10 p.m., and offers bilingual service in Spanish and Hmong. The number is 1-888-936-7463.

Question 1: Where can I find snowmobile education courses?

Answer: You can find snowmobile education course on our website: Wisconsin offer two types of courses; traditional class room course and an online course that is only available to customers 16 years and older.

To search for a class room course in your area click the "upcoming course" link. Information on the online course is located near the bottom of the webpage.

Question 2: I am a non-resident looking to snowmobile in Wisconsin, do I need to register my machine in Wisconsin or what is this trail pass thing?

Answer: There are 2 options:

1. The machine needs to display valid Wisconsin Snowmobile Public Use Registration ($30.00 for 2 years) OR

2. The machine needs to display a valid Wisconsin Non-Resident Snowmobile Trail Pass AND current Registration from the state you are coming from (Non-Resident Trail Pass is $35.00 and valid from July 1st to June 30th).

NOTE: if the state you are coming from does not offer snowmobile registration, then you would need to register the machine in Wisconsin

Last revised: Friday August 31 2012