LRP - Licenses

LRP - Regulations

LRP - Permits

Recreation - Statewide

Recreation - Trapping

Recreation - Fishing

Recreation - Hunting

Env. Protection - Management

Env. Protection - Emergency

Env. Protection - Resources

To sign up for updates or to access your subscriber preferences, please enter your contact information below.

Frequently Asked Questions
straight from our call center
About Chef Tim
and his recipes
Violation Hotline
help us!

Frequently Asked Questions

November 9, 2011

Here are answers to some of the recent most frequently asked law enforcement questions taken this week by the DNR Call Center.
The Call Center is staffed daily, 7 a.m. - 10 p.m., and offers bilingual service in Spanish and Hmong. The number is 1-888-936-7463.

Question 1: How do I get a duplicate hunter education card for the new conceal and carry law?

Answer: As long as the Wisconsin hunter education certification is in your current hunting and fishing license record, you are able to purchase a duplicate card through any of our license sales options. You would want to contact our customer service line 1-888-936-7463 to make sure your hunter education is in the correct record first.

You can purchase online at and print the certificate from your home printer.

You can go to any of our license vendors and purchase it over the counter:

FEE: There is a $2.75 charge for a duplicate safety education certificate.

You can call 1-877-945-4236 and purchase it over the phone. They will mail you the certificate.

You can go to any DNR service center and purchase over the counter.

Question 2: I am setting up a ground blind for deer hunting, am I required to place the 144 sq. inches of blaze orange?

Answer: Only if the ground blind is placed on DNR-owned or -managed lands. Blinds must be removed daily at the end of hunting hours and must have the owners's customer ID # or name/address attached in a manner that is legible and visible near the entrance if left unoccupied.

Last revised: Friday August 31 2012