LRP - Licenses

LRP - Regulations

LRP - Permits

Recreation - Statewide

Recreation - Trapping

Recreation - Fishing

Recreation - Hunting

Env. Protection - Management

Env. Protection - Emergency

Env. Protection - Resources

To sign up for updates or to access your subscriber preferences, please enter your contact information below.

Frequently Asked Questions
straight from our call center
About Chef Tim
and his recipes
Violation Hotline
help us!

Frequently Asked Questions

February 21, 2012

Here are answers to some of the recent most frequently asked law enforcement questions taken this week by the DNR Call Center.
The Call Center is staffed daily, 7 a.m. - 10 p.m., and offers bilingual service in Spanish and Hmong. The number is 1-888-936-7463.

Question 1: Where can I check if I received a bear or turkey permit?

Answer: Both bear and turkey drawings have been complete. Customers can either check online by visiting the following DNR web site:, or call 1-888-WDNR-INFO (1-888-936-7463) to receive their results.

Question 2: When do new licenses go on sale?

Answer: License for the 2012-2013 seasons will go on sale on March 7.

Question 3: Do I have to pay a boat launch fee if I am just parking and walking out to go out ice fishing?

Answer: Look for a sign at the site you are visiting. If you do need to pay a fee for parking or launching a vehicle (boat, ATV, snowmobile), there should be a sign posted at the location.

Question 4: Can a DNR employee cross private property to access DNR-owned land without the permission of the private landowner?

Answer: Generally speaking, a DNR employee needs permission from the owner to cross, enter or remain on private property unless an easement exists across the adjacent private lands. In addition, a conservation warden may enter onto private lands that are not part of the curtilage when in the performance of their lawful duties.

Question 5: How do I transfer my spring turkey permit to a youth?

Answer: Here is the application form that needs to be completed: The customer who wishes to transfer the permit needs to purchase their awarded license and mail that in with the completed application.

Question 6: When can I renew my ATV/snowmobile registration? I have not received my renewal notice yet.

Answer: The registration does not expire until 6-30-2012, renewal notices are sent out in advance of that due date. The registration year switches as of April 1 for ATV/snowmobiles. You may renew anytime after April 1 and receive the registration for the next 2 seasons expiring in 2014.

Last revised: Friday August 31 2012