LRP - Licenses

LRP - Regulations

LRP - Permits

Recreation - Statewide

Recreation - Trapping

Recreation - Fishing

Recreation - Hunting

Env. Protection - Management

Env. Protection - Emergency

Env. Protection - Resources

To sign up for updates or to access your subscriber preferences, please enter your contact information below.

Learn more
about storm water runoff
with technical standards
Erosion at bottom of a field

Erosion control plans are developed before the WRAPP is submitted.

Notice: Some web browsers do not open PDF files on their own. If you experience trouble opening or filling out a PDF form, visit the DNR PDF help for instructions on how to successfully open PDF files.

Contact information
For information on this page, contact:
Jim Bertolacini
Storm Water Program Coordinator

Construction site storm water permit forms

Landowners must submit a Water Resources Application for Project Permits (WRAPP) to obtain construction site storm water permit coverage from DNR. Signing the WRAPP is also a certification that an applicant has read, understands and will implement the erosion control and storm water management plan(s) in accordance with the conditions of the Construction Site Storm Water Runoff General Permit No. WI–S067831–5. Applicants should read the general permit and make a copy of it for the project’s files.

When to submit the WRAPP

  • Submit the WRAPP at least 14 working days before land disturbing construction activities begin.
  • Coverage occurs automatically 14 working days after DNR receives a complete application, unless the applicant receives notification that the “clock has stopped” and additional information or review is needed.

The DNR may withhold automatic coverage to review erosion control and storm water management plans or evaluate concerns with wetlands, endangered and threatened species or historic or archaeological sites. The WRAPP should be submitted as early as possible after the appropriate erosion control and storm water management plans have been developed. This will allow additional time if DNR staff require site–specific changes to the plan.

How to apply

Beginning September 14, 2015, applicants submitting a WRAPP for coverage under the construction site storm water permit must use the online e-permitting application system. The e-permitting system is available for use at water permit applications. The e-permitting system does not require any special software and is completely web-based and available using any internet browser.

User Support Tools Date
Instructional training videos
Step-by-step help document [PDF] November 2017

Delegation of signature authority

Use this form to delegate electronic signature authority for submittal of an electronic Notice of Intent (eNOI). Submission of this form constitutes notice by the landowner that the person electronically signing the eNOI is authorized to do so on behalf of the landowner.

Form Form # Date
Delegation of Signature Authority for eNOI [PDF] 3400–220 November 2018

Site inspections

Use these forms for site inspections and keep them in the project’s files.

Inspection Form Form # Date
Construction Site Inspection Report [PDF] 3400–187 November 2016
Construction Site Inspection Corrective Action Photos [PDF] 3400–187A November 2016

Permit cost

An application fee for the permit is charged with the submittal of the WRAPP. The fee is based upon the acres of land disturbance.

Acres of Land Disturbance Application Fee
At least one but less than five $140
five or more and less than 25 $235
25 or greater $350

Permit coverage

Coverage under the Construction Site Storm Water Runoff General Permit No. WI–S067831–5 [PDF] in effect for three years from the date of coverage. If construction is not complete and the site stabilized within three years, the applicant must resubmit a WRAPP and select the box “Storm Water NOI - Renewal Construction”.

Terminating permit coverage

Once construction is completed and the site stabilized, the permittee must submit a Notice of Termination. If the site qualifies, the DNR will notify the permittee that the site is no longer covered under the permit. If site ownership has changed, do not send a Notice of Termination; instead please complete, sign, and submit the Transfer of Coverage form.

Form Form # Date
Notice of Termination [PDF] 3400–162 December 2014
Transfer of Coverage [PDF] 3400–222 November 2018

Other DNR permits

If the construction site is near waterways and wetlands, landowners may need other permits from the DNR. Obtain other Waterway and Wetlands Permits from the DNR if needed for construction near wetlands, streams and other waterways.

Last revised: Wednesday December 12 2018