LRP - Licenses

LRP - Regulations

LRP - Permits

Recreation - Statewide

Recreation - Trapping

Recreation - Fishing

Recreation - Hunting

Env. Protection - Management

Env. Protection - Emergency

Env. Protection - Resources

To sign up for updates or to access your subscriber preferences, please enter your contact information below.

to see if your business is eligible for confidential, non-regulatory assistance.
all DNR permits to see which may be required.
resources to help you comply.
Contact information
For information about the Small Business Environmental Assistance Program, contact:
Small Business Hotline
Toll free: 855-889-3021

Industrial Storm Water Permit Transfer

In the event of a facility sale/transfer, the current owner and new owner should execute and submit a transfer of permit coverage per s. NR 216.31, Wis. Adm. Code [exit DNR].

The notification should take the form of a letter signed by both previous and new owner requesting the transfer of coverage. Provide the following information:

  • Name and address of facility,
  • Facility ID Number,
  • Permit Number
  • Name of parties involved,
  • Any other significant changes,
  • A statement to the effect that it's understood by the new owner that they are taking on the responsibilities of the permit,
  • Signature, and
  • Date.

Send the information for the transfer request to the appropriate DNR stormwater program staff who handles the area where the facility is located.

In addition to the information provided above, a Notice of Intent should also be submitted by the new owner with the letter of transfer since information has likely changed since an original application was submitted.

Last revised: Thursday June 29 2017