LRP - Licenses

LRP - Regulations

LRP - Permits

Recreation - Statewide

Recreation - Trapping

Recreation - Fishing

Recreation - Hunting

Env. Protection - Management

Env. Protection - Emergency

Env. Protection - Resources

To sign up for updates or to access your subscriber preferences, please enter your contact information below.


Photo courtesy of Carol Steinmetz of Marshfield

Sign up
for hunter safety. Required if you were born on or after January 1, 1973.
your hunting license.
for a permit and check permit status online.
the regulations.

Harvest Information Program (HIP) Registration

As part of a national program to monitor hunter numbers and harvest, anyone hunting migratory game birds (ducks, geese, woodcock, mourning dove, snipe, rails, gallinules [moorhens] and coots) in Wisconsin is required to first obtain the Harvest Information Program (HIP) certification prior to hunting any of those species. The requirement to be HIP certified is not unique to Wisconsin. To hunt migratory game birds in any state, you will have to be first HIP certified in that state. You must be HIP registered annually and can conveniently do this when purchasing your hunting license each year free of charge.

Details about HIP certification [exit DNR]

Are you Registered for HIP?

Where to look: License Document

Don’t have license/approval document on you? GoWild [exit DNR]

What to do: Log In>Reprint Documents>check box License document>Reprint selected

What to look for:

You're not registered for HIP?

Go to: GoWild [exit DNR]

What to do: Log In> Buy Licenses>HIP ($0)>Check out

NOTE: If you don’t see it available thru ‘Buy Licenses’ it is because you are already have it on your account and can see it through your current licenses.

Contact information
For information on waterfowl hunting, contact:
Jeff Williams
Assistant migratory game bird ecologist
Bureau of Wildlife Management
Last revised: Monday June 17 2019