LRP - Licenses

LRP - Regulations

LRP - Permits

Recreation - Statewide

Recreation - Trapping

Recreation - Fishing

Recreation - Hunting

Env. Protection - Management

Env. Protection - Emergency

Env. Protection - Resources

To sign up for updates or to access your subscriber preferences, please enter your contact information below.

why your woods matter.
professional help.
about incentives to help manage your woods.
Frequently asked questions
Forest Crop Law help
Contact information
Use the Forestry Assistance Locator to find cooperating foresters, DNR service foresters or tax law forestry specialists for your county.
View the current Directory of Foresters [PDF].

Forest Crop Law (FCL)Withdrawal questions

Are there rules for withdrawing FCL land?

Yes, withdrawal rules are dependent on the year the land was enrolled. For more information, read the land withdrawal rules.

How do I estimate my FCL withdrawal tax?

Complete the FCL withdrawal estimate worksheet [PDF] to estimate your FCL withdrawal tax.

When will I receive my FCL withdrawal tax invoice?

Due to the detailed information that must be collected from the municipality, it may take 6–12 weeks after the withdrawal form is submitted before the invoice is issued. Payment is normally due within 60 days.

What happens if I do not pay my FCL withdrawal tax?

The land will remain in the FCL program.

When is the withdrawal effective?

If the withdrawal form is received by October 1 and the invoice is paid by the due date, the land will be withdrawn effective the following January 1.

If I withdraw my land from FCL, when can I start building my home or carrying out other practices on my land?

The withdrawal tax must be paid and the withdrawal order issued before beginning any practice inconsistent with the law.

If I withdraw my land from FCL, when can I start restricting public access to my land?

You can restrict access beginning with effective date of the order, usually the next January 1.

Are any withdrawals from the FCL program exempt from a withdrawal tax?

There is one situation in which withdrawal from the FCL program is exempt from a withdrawal tax—land sold to the federal, state or local government for use as a public road, railroad, utility right-of-way, park, recreational trail, wildlife or fish habitat area or a public forest. The new owner of the land must file an exempt withdrawal form [PDF] to withdraw land sold for these purposes.

Last revised: Tuesday June 20 2017