LRP - Licenses

LRP - Regulations

LRP - Permits

Recreation - Statewide

Recreation - Trapping

Recreation - Fishing

Recreation - Hunting

Env. Protection - Management

Env. Protection - Emergency

Env. Protection - Resources

To sign up for updates or to access your subscriber preferences, please enter your contact information below.

why your woods matter.
professional help.
about incentives to help manage your woods.
Frequently asked questions
Forest Crop Law help
Contact information
Use the Forestry Assistance Locator to find cooperating foresters, DNR service foresters or tax law forestry specialists for your county.
View the current Directory of Foresters [PDF].

Forest Crop Law (FCL)General questions

How do I know if land is enrolled in FCL?

A title search or tax bill can indicate enrollment in FCL.

Where do I find a copy of my FCL management schedule?

Contact a tax law administration specialist [PDF].

How do I find out when my FCL order will expire?

At the time of enrollment, the land was entered for a 25-year or 50-year period. Contact a tax law administration specialist [PDF] for more information.

What happens when my FCL order expires?

When the order expires the land will go back on the regular property tax roll unless it is enrolled into the Managed Forest Law program (MFL).

There is no longer a termination tax for lands not enrolled in MFL immediately after expiring from FCL.

Is a document issued when my FCL order expires?

No, the enrollment in the program simply expires at the end of the order period.

What are the tax rates for FCL land?

FCL tax rates

Can I convert my land to the MFL program before the FCL order expires?

Yes. However, all of your FCL land in the municipalities indicated on the MFL application must be converted to MFL. Read the MFL program summary [PDF] for information regarding conversions.

Last revised: Monday July 30 2018