LRP - Licenses

LRP - Regulations

LRP - Permits

Recreation - Statewide

Recreation - Trapping

Recreation - Fishing

Recreation - Hunting

Env. Protection - Management

Env. Protection - Emergency

Env. Protection - Resources

To sign up for updates or to access your subscriber preferences, please enter your contact information below.

how Wisconsin protects waterways by holding them in trust for everyone to enjoy.
the permits you need for your waterfront property projects.
about the permit process that protects public waters.

Waterway protectionContacts

County and regional DNR staff are available to assist with your waterway permitting questions. Find the right contact to answer your questions:

  • What is the permit process?
  • How long does it take to get a permit?
  • What specific permits will I need?
Email us
Road projects Transportation liaison that serves your county
Energy and utility projects, including all projects regulated by the Wisconsin Public Service Commission (PSC) Office of Energy

Application submission

Applications can either be submitted using the Water ePermitting System or submitted through mail.

  • To submit using the ePermitting System, go to:

    DNR Water Permit Applications

  • To submit through the mail, send application materials to:

    Wisconsin DNR
    Water Permit Central Intake
    P.O. Box 7185
    Madison, WI 53707-7185

* Note: As of August 1, 2015, mailed application packets will not be processed at the Superior Field Office. Any application packets submitted to a field office will be forwarded to the Madison address.

County contacts

Find the water management specialist that serves your county.

Last revised: Tuesday March 19 2019