LRP - Licenses

LRP - Regulations

LRP - Permits

Recreation - Statewide

Recreation - Trapping

Recreation - Fishing

Recreation - Hunting

Env. Protection - Management

Env. Protection - Emergency

Env. Protection - Resources

To sign up for updates or to access your subscriber preferences, please enter your contact information below.

Use the Public Portal
to complete an ER Preliminary Assessment.
Request a review
for proposed development activities, planning and land management projects.
Receive training
for DNR staff and those seeking NHI license agreements.
Conduct reviews
by becoming a Certified ER Reviewer.
Access NHI data
for research and planning purposes.
Contact information
For more information about the ER Review Program, please consult the following list:
ER Review staff contacts

Endangered resources certification - frequently asked questions

If I currently do not have a NHI data sharing sicense do I need one to become certified?

Yes. A NHI data sharing license is needed in order to access the NHI Data for writing proposed ER reviews. For more information and an application for an NHI data license, see the NHI data request page.

If I have a NHI data sharing sub-license do I need to get a separate data sharing license?

When you became certified you could only write proposed ER reviews for projects pertaining to the company you have a sublicense agreement with. If you wanted to write proposed ER Reviews for another company or project you would need a separate data sharing license to obtain the NHI data.

If I currently have a NHI data sharing license, do I need to send in proposed ER reviews for all my look-ups?

There are two different levels of NHI data user, and it's important to understand the limitations and abilities of each. People who are currently listed on a security protocol for an NHI data license or sublicense, but have not become certified are considered authorized NHI data users for certification purposes. Examples of how authorized NHI data users may use the NHI data include:

  • research and education projects;
  • creating maps for others to use and interpret;
  • identifying sensitive areas within project boundaries that need follow-up field surveys;
  • conducting broad-scale conservation planning; and
  • conducting field surveys for rare species and habitats.

Authorized NHI data users may not use the NHI data to analyze proposed projects and land management activities for potential impacts to endangered resources - in other words, they may not conduct a preliminary determination of "take" or "no take" for any proposed activity. Only a certified individual may conduct these determinations, and he or she must submit a proposed ER review for each project where a preliminary determination of take has been made.

Is there an option to not take the certification training and just take the exams?

Certification training is required. The only way to test out is to meet all the qualifications outlined in the Endangered Resources Certification Program Guidelines.

If I currently have a NHI data sharing license, do I need to take the certification training?

No. You only need to take the certification training if you are looking to become a certified ER reviewer and write proposed ER reviews.

Last revised: Monday April 14 2014