LRP - Licenses

LRP - Regulations

LRP - Permits

Recreation - Statewide

Recreation - Trapping

Recreation - Fishing

Recreation - Hunting

Env. Protection - Management

Env. Protection - Emergency

Env. Protection - Resources

To sign up for updates or to access your subscriber preferences, please enter your contact information below.

Use the Public Portal
to complete an ER Preliminary Assessment.
Request a review
for proposed development activities, planning and land management projects.
Receive training
for DNR staff and those seeking NHI license agreements.
Conduct reviews
by becoming a Certified ER Reviewer.
Access NHI data
for research and planning purposes.

Apply for an Incidental Take Permit/Authorization (ITP/A)

To apply for an ITP/A please submit the information below. Please note that an Endangered Resources (ER) Review is required prior to applying for an ITP/A.

Learn how to get an ER Review.

Thumbnail of the incidental take application

Fill out the Incidental Take Permit/
Authorization Application [PDF].

What you need to apply

To apply for an Incidental Take Permit/Authorization, please submit the following.

Once the application has been approved, a 30 day public notice is required before the Incidental Take Permit/Authorization can be issued.

Where to send application materials

Send the applications fee, plan and/or agreement to:

Incidental take coordinator
Department of Natural Resources
Bureau of Natural Heritage Conservation
ER Review Program
PO Box 7921
Madison WI 53707-7921
Last revised: Thursday April 23 2015