LRP - Licenses

LRP - Regulations

LRP - Permits

Recreation - Statewide

Recreation - Trapping

Recreation - Fishing

Recreation - Hunting

Env. Protection - Management

Env. Protection - Emergency

Env. Protection - Resources

To sign up for updates or to access your subscriber preferences, please enter your contact information below.


How to renew your ATV or UTV registration

After you have registered your ATV or UTV for the first time, renewing your registration is a simple process, and can even be done completed online. Please note: there is a $5 late fee if you renew after your registration expires.

Option 1: Online - Quick renew

Visit GoWild.WI.Gov Quick Renew to quickly renew your ATV or UTV’s registration. You will need your customer number and the ATV or UTV’s registration number OR the registration renewal number (RRN) located on the renewal reminder postcard sent to you in the mail. Registrations completed online will receive a 21-day temporary operating receipt, which can be used to immediately operate your ATV or UTV until registration materials arrive in the mail. If you do not know your DNR customer ID number or registration number, log into your DNR GoWILD customer account, and renew by clicking on the “My Vehicles” tab.

If your ATV or UTV is not listed on your DNR GoWILD customer account, you may have multiple accounts. Contact DNR Customer Service by calling 888-936-7463 to consolidate your accounts.

Option 2: Local sales agent

You can renew your registration anywhere DNR licenses are sold. There are over 1000 sales agents across the state. Renewals completed at a sales agent will receive a 21-day temporary operating receipt, which can be used to immediately operate your ATV or UTV until registration materials arrive in the mail. It is helpful when you can provide the agent your renewal notice card, but not required.

Note: DNR license agents can only renew a registration for the registered owner; they cannot change the name of the owner, or transfer the ATV or UTV into another person’s name. To add ATV or UTV into your customer account, register it through; visit one of the DNR service locations; or mail in a ATV/UTV Registration Application Form 9400-376.

Option 3: Mail

You can mail your renewal notice postcard and fees (check or money order only; please do not send cash) to the address listed on the postcard.

Note: If your decals have already expired and you mail in your registration renewal card or a full registration application, you must wait until your new certificate of registration and decals arrive in the mail before you can legally operate your ATV or UTV.

Updating your contact information

It is important the department has your updated address on file so you can receive the registration renewal notices and other registration materials sent in the USPS mail by the department. If you change your address, remember to either update your address in your DNR customer account or notify the DNR with your new address and the certificate number for the machine you own. Access your Wisconsin DNR customer account at to update your customer record. You can call also send contact the DNR Call Center or send an e-mail to We ask that you include:

  • your customer ID number (if known),
  • first and last name,
  • date of birth,
  • previous address,
  • new address,
  • phone number, and
  • email address.

Last revised: Thursday October 31 2019