LRP - Licenses

LRP - Regulations

LRP - Permits

Recreation - Statewide

Recreation - Trapping

Recreation - Fishing

Recreation - Hunting

Env. Protection - Management

Env. Protection - Emergency

Env. Protection - Resources

To sign up for updates or to access your subscriber preferences, please enter your contact information below.


NEWS ARCHIVE:     Age: 598 days

Time to buy your fishing and hunting licenses; boat, ATV, UTV and OHM registrations due for renewal

Contact(s): Kimberly Currie, Customer & Outreach Services bureau director, 608-267-7799 or
March 12, 2019

MADISON - As spring approaches, many Wisconsin residents are anxious to get outdoors and pursue their warmer-weather outdoor recreation passions. You can purchase your 2019 fishing and hunting licenses, as well as order the 2019 collectible conservation card. Licenses and conservation cards can be purchased online at and from over 1,000 license agents. The new conservation card now features Wisconsin elk, the image members of the public selected last fall through online voting.

Before hitting the trails and waters, the Department of Natural Resources reminds everyone to check the registration on their boats, ATVs, UTVs and off-highway motorcycles (OHM) as many will expire after March 31, 2019. A $5 late fee will be applied to ATV, UTV and OHM renewals that are received by the DNR after the March 31 expiration date.

DNR encourages you to renew your registration early so the new decals are in-hand when you are ready to use your boat or recreational vehicle. You can renew online before your notice arrives at through your customer Go Wild account. Or if you have your renewal notice already, you can use the new expedited renewal process through the web page under the Quick Sale catalog. Simply click on the RENEW NOW link, enter the RRN number from the renewal notice, which is located to the left of the name and address and make payment. When done, a temporary operating receipt can be printed. Yes, it's that easy - click, print, GO!

License agents can also renew boats, ATVs, UTVs or OHMs by simply scanning the RRN barcode on the renewal notice.

Last Revised: Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Contact information

Need an expert? Contact the Office of Communications.

The Office of Communications connects journalists with DNR experts on a wide range of topics. For the fastest response, please email and the first available Communications Specialist will respond to you.