NEWS ARCHIVE: Age: 639 days
DNR announces the recipients of 2016-2017 municipal flood control grants
Contact(s): Jeffrey Soellner, DNR grants manager, 608-267-7152
MADISON--Ten communities and one metropolitan sewerage district have been awarded municipal flood control grants from the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources.
Cities, villages, towns, tribes and metropolitan sewerage districts are eligible to apply for these grants, which fund the acquisition of property, vacant land, structure removal, flood proofing, administrative support and others. All projects are awarded for two years.
This is the first year for a 50 percent match instead of a 70 percent match based on changes in the last state budget. The 2016-2017 list of grant recipients is as follows:
- Town of Grafton - flood mitigation,1962 Edgewater Drive, $118,345.
- Milwaukee, Milwaukee MetropolitanSewerage District - property acquisition, North Milwaukee Parkway,$105,500.
- City of Elroy - mobile home park acquisitionand demolition, $49,100.
- City of Madison - 3629 Marsh Road,acquisition, $83,750.
- City of Waterloo - shore restoration,203 Madison St., $21,780.
- City of Superior - Faxon Creek outlet,improvements at Osaugie Trail, $38,500.
- City of Janesville - parking plazaremoval, $380,000.
- Town of Jefferson - CrawfishRiver/Popp Road erosion, $349,250.
- City of Oshkosh - Libbey-NicoletWatershed, North Main Street area wet detention basin, $349,790.
- City of Mauston - Subwatershed A Detention, $130,694.
- City of Appleton - Northland AvenueDetention Pond, $349,790.
The next municipal flood control application round is anticipated due in March 2018. Detailed information about the municipal flood control grant program can be found on the DNR website.
To learn more about this and other DNR grant programs, visit dnr.wi.gov and search keyword "grants."
Last Revised: Tuesday, October 18, 2016