NEWS ARCHIVE: Age: 2,817 days
See This Full Issue
All Previous Archived Issues
DEER TRUSTEE REPORT PERMANENT RULE PUBLIC COMMENT FORM NOW AVAILABLE ONLINE
January 20, 2015
MADISON -- To help gather feedback regarding the proposed Deer Trustee Report permanent rule [PDF], an online public input form is now available to gather public comments.
People can complete an input form by searching the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources website, dnr.wi.gov, for keyword "deer." The form will remain open for public comment through midnight Feb. 1.
New regulations and programs, including the Deer Management Assistance Program, were set up under an emergency rule in 2014, and now a follow-up permanent rule package is necessary for the 2015 hunting seasons and beyond.
While the public input form provides an opportunity to submit feedback online, nine public hearings will also be held throughout Wisconsin over the next week. Hearing dates and locations are as follows - each will run from 6-8 p.m.:
Tuesday, Jan. 20
- La Crosse - DNR Service Center, Room B19, 3550 Mormon Coulee Road; and
- Fitchburg - DNR Service Center, Gathering Waters Conference Room, 3911 Fish Hatchery Road.
Wednesday, Jan. 21
- Dodgeville - DNR Service Center, Conference Room, 1500 N. Johns St.
Thursday, Jan. 22
- Chippewa Falls - Chippewa Valley Technical College Business Education Center, Room 103A, 620 West Clairemont Ave.;
- Green Bay - Northeast Wisconsin Technical College, Lecture Hall Room SC132, 2740 W. Mason St.; and
- Schofield - DC Everest Middle School, Auditorium, 9302 Schofield Ave.
Monday, Jan. 26
- Waukesha - DNR Service Center, Room 151 (West entrance), 141 NW Barstow St.; and
- Spooner - Spooner DNR Service Center, Community Room, 810 West Maple St.
Tuesday, Jan. 27
- Rhinelander - James Williams Middle School auditorium, 915 Acacia Lane.
The Natural Resources Board will consider feedback submitted online, along with comments from January public hearings, when making its final decision on the proposed permanent rule package on Feb. 25. If approved, the rule package will advance to the state legislature for final review.
For more information regarding hearing locations and the Deer Trustee Report, visit dnr.wi.gov and search keywords "hearings" and "deer trustee report" respectively.
FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT: Scott Loomans, regulations specialist, Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources, 608-267-2452
Last Revised: Tuesday, January 20, 2015