Updated 2016-17 Wisconsin wildlife reports now available
Contact(s): Brian Dhuey, DNR Wildlife population and harvest assessment specialist, 608-221-6342
MADISON - The public can find the latest results for a wide variety of wildlife surveys conducted in 2016 and 2017 such as population surveys and estimates, harvest results and wildlife observations that are now available in reports on the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources website.
The reports include data collected from small game, big game, furbearer and non-game categories. The reports were made possible by Pittman-Robertson funding.
DNR staff would like to thank volunteers who assisted with survey efforts for their continued commitment to Wisconsin's wildlife.
The following reports for 2016-17 can be found by searching the DNR website, dnr.wi.gov, for keyword "reports."
- Small Game Harvest, 2016-17
- Ruffed Grouse Drumming Survey, 2017
- Wisconsin Sharp-tailed Grouse Survey, 2017
- Rural Mail Carrier Pheasant Survey, 2017
- Spring Ring-Necked Pheasant Survey, 2017
- Regional Bobwhite Quail and Cottontail Rabbit Survey, 2017
- Black Bear Population Analyses, 2017
- Wildlife Damage Abatement and Claims Program, 2016
- Agricultural Deer Damage Shooting Permits, 2016
- Winter Severity Indices, 2016-17
- Bobcat Harvest, 2016
- Fisher Harvest, 2016
- Otter Harvest, 2016-17
- Bobcat Population Analyses, 2017
- Fisher Population Analyses, 2017
- Otter Population Analyses, 2017
- Bobcat Hunter/Trapper Survey, 2016
- Winter Track Counts, 1977-2017
- Beaver Trapping Questionnaire, 2016-1
- Fur Trapper Survey, 2016-17
- Wisconsin Fur Buyers Report, 2016-17
- Central Wisconsin Greater Prairie-Chicken Survey, 2017
- Frog and Toad Survey, 2016
- American Marten Winter Track Surveys in Northern Wisconsin, 2016-17
- Moose Observations, 2016
- Rare Carnivore Observations, 2016
Last Revised: Tuesday, October 10, 2017