- Contact information
For information on Lakes in Wisconsin, contact:
- Wisconsin DNR Lakes
Division of Water
Bureau of Water Quality
- Aquatic Invasive Species Contacts
Aquatic Invasive Species (AIS) Grants
In response to the increasing threat to our priceless lakes and rivers, Wisconsin has increased its support of local efforts to prevent the spread of introduced aquatic invasives by creating the Aquatic Invasive Species Prevention and Control Grants. Eligible waters to receive AIS prevention and control grants include: inland lakes, great lakes, rivers and wetlands.
Education, Planning and Prevention
Educational programs and distributing information about aquatic invasive species.
Examples of projects include:
- Monitoring, mapping and reporting of data about the presence or absence of AIS to
provide baseline information and monitor trends in a water body or water bodies.
- Development of plans for the prevention and control of AIS.
- Studies or assessments that will aid in the prevention and control of AIS.
- Watercraft inspection and education projects following DNR guidelines of the Clean
Boats, Clean Waters program.
| More information
Aquatic Invasive Species Control Grants
Examples of projects can include:
- Control pioneer populations of aquatic invasive species
- Prevent the spread of aquatic invasive species to unpopulated waters
- Control established infestations of aquatic invasive species and restore native
aquatic species communities
- Provide research and demonstration that advances the state's knowledge and
understanding of aquatic invasive species control
- Ongoing maintenance to contain aquatic invasive populations within a waterbody
Browse Grants Awarded: